Information for certification body clients: In the field of product certification department of certification body of the company EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd. - performs organic farming product certification, - supervises certified products, - draws up and updates the documents required for the activity of the accredited certification body.
Legislative and / or normative basis as the source of the certification process criteria
Normative documents according to which the conformity of products under the organic production is certified:
- REGULATION (EC) No 882/2004 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 29 April 2004 on official controls performed to ensure the verification of compliance with feed and food law, animal health and animal welfare rules,
- REGULATION (EU) 2017/625 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 15 March 2017 on official controls and other official activities performed to ensure the application of food and feed law, rules on animal health and welfare, plant health and plant protection products, amending Regulations (EC) No 999/2001, (EC) No 396/2005, (EC) No 1069/2009, (EC) No 1107/2009, (EU) No 1151/2012, (EU) No 652/2014, (EU) 2016/429 and (EU) 2016/2031 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Council Regulations (EC) No 1/2005 and (EC) No 1099/2009 and Council Directives 98/58/EC, 1999/74/EC, 2007/43/EC, 2008/119/EC and 2008/120/EC, and repealing Regulations (EC) No 854/2004 and (EC) No 882/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Council Directives 89/608/EEC, 89/662/EEC, 90/425/EEC, 91/496/EEC, 96/23/EC, 96/93/EC and 97/78/EC and Council Decision 92/438/EEC (Official Controls Regulation) is partially applied,
- COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products as amended,
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 889/2008 of 5 September 2008 laying down detailed rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products with regard to organic production, labelling and control as amended,
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1235/2008 of 8 December 2008 laying down detailed rules for implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 as regards the arrangements for imports of organic products from third countries as amended,
- Act No. 189/2009 Coll. on organic farming,
- ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
In order to support the organic production, the production of products within the organic farming in the SR and compliance with the organic production rules under the valid legislation, certification body also participates in the exchange of expert information between the client and the certification body (e.g. explanation of findings or clarification of requirements or training). The training will be attended by experts and lecturers for specific areas, staff of the competent authority and subordinate authorities of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of the Slovak Republic (MARD).
Information on the EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd. certification scheme, including the evaluation procedures, the rules and procedures for granting, maintaining, stopping and withdrawing certification, are available on request at the company's office.
Description of the rights and obligations of applicants and clients, including the requirements, limitations or limitations of the use of the name of the certification body, and the means of referring to the certification granted; as well as information on complaints and litigation procedures follow the contracts and are available on request at the company's office.
Confidentiality of information
The Certification body is responsible through legally enforceable obligations to manage all information obtained or generated during the performance of inspection activities.
Certification body staff are required to keep confidential the facts they have learned about the conduct of certification body activities and which cannot be disclosed to others in the interest of certification body. In addition to the information the client publishes, all other information is considered confidential (except for the handling of complaints). If a law requires disclosure of confidential information from the certification body by a law or legally enforceable agreement, the client or person concerned is informed of such disclosure, unless prohibited by law.
Information about the client obtained from sources other than the client (e.g. from the complainant or from the regulators), is considered confidential.
They are provided, updated, and available upon request also the following information:
• information about the responsibility with which it works,
• a documented statement of its certification system, including its rules and procedures for the granting, maintenance, dissemination, restriction, suspension and withdrawal of certification,
• information on assessment procedures and on the certification process related to each product certification scheme,
• a description of the established rights and obligations of applicants and suppliers of certified products, including the requirements, limitations or delimitations of the use of the certification body logo as well as the means of referring to the certification granted,
• information on complaints, actions and disputes handling procedure,
• certified product directory (available also on the website).
The price list for inspection services for clients is available on request at the company's offices as well as general information on the fees charged to the applicant and the client.
AREAS OF CERTIFICATION
General information on organic farming product certifications
Before applying for a certificate, the applicant must be registered with the Central Control and Testing Institute in Agriculture in Bratislava (CCTIA).
Within 30 days of registration, the operator is required to enter into a written agreement with an inspection body authorized to carry out the inspection.
After registration and conclusion of the inspection contract, a mandatory inspection is followed. During the inspection, the inspector issues an inspection report that serves as the basis for issuing the certificate.
The sale / purchase of products (including raw materials) in the organic production must be accompanied by a certificate certifying that the product is of BIO quality. Without a valid certificate, sales and purchases cannot be made.
Organic farming product certifications at:
• live or unprocessed agricultural products,
• processed agricultural products for use as food,
• vegetable propagating material and seeds for cultivation
are not issued and issued automatically, the operator - the applicant must ask for the certification of his products certification body EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd. by submitting a Request for Certificate Issue F 001 / PPC_17_06_v1_z0 - a form.
• the issue of the certificate can be requested after the inspection,
• on one application, organic farming products may be included in within the plant production, collection of wild plants, livestock production, food, seed, feed production,
• the issue of the certificate can be requested after the inspection also for each product name of the organic production separately, it is at the decision of the operator - the applicant,
• in the case of an application for a certificate for plant production, the collection of wild plants and seeds must be stated in the application calendar year of production
• the validity of the certificate is 12 months from the date of issue,
• in the case of seeds, the certificate is issued for 12 months after the issue of the Seed Recognition Certificate
• If the production of a new organic farming product is extended during the year, the application for the given product type is not applied, or if the certificate is below the actual production, the certificate is not renewed - it is not updated, in this case the application for a new certificate has to be submitted.
Requested documentation to apply:
Under each organic farming product certification process, you need to:
• place on CO EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd. application for the organic farming product certificate with the list of products in the annex for which the certificate is requested and the list of ingredients in case of food and feed,
• Organic farming application form F 011 / PPC_17_06_v1_z0 (form available on request),
• Evidence of the legal personality of the operator - applicant.
In addition, it is necessary to attach the documents according to the type of certification:
Certification of the collection of wild plants and their parts
• Declaration on the collection of wild plants and their parts within the framework of organic farming
Certification of products of animal origin (raw milk, cheese - semi-finished product, eggs)
• Confirmation of the relevant District veterinary and food administration (DVFA) on the registration of the food business premises for products of animal origin,
• Confirmation of DVFA on the approval of an establishment for products of animal origin,
• Confirmation of DVFA on the approval of an egg production facility,
• Declaration of applicant on the purchase of animals.
Food certification - to be documented according to the product type
• Regional public health authority (RPHA) decision approving the production facility - it is applied only at the first certification, relevant only for new operators,
• Labeling of the product (sample of the label, its proposal) in accordance with valid legislation,
• Declaration by the seller that the ingredient used in the production is not produced from GMO or by the help of GMO - it concerns products from micro-organisms - yeasts, yeast, enzymes, rennet, milk culture,
• Declaration by the manufacturer that only natural flavoring substances / preparations have been used in the production,
• Decision of the Public Health Office of the Slovak Republic to introduce a food supplement,
• Decision approving activities from DVFA, resp. notice of assignment of the approval number from the State Veterinary and Food Administration of the Slovak Republic - concerning the cutting of meat,
• Decision approving activities from DVFA for the approval of food of animal origin,
• Statement/declaration on the use of own raw materials - if the manufacturer uses its own raw materials from organic production and does not have a certificate issued for such raw materials.
• Confirmation of the CCTIA on the registration of the producer in the feed register - submitted only at first certification, relevant only for new operators
• Declaration from the manufacturer that synthetic vitamins are identical to natural vitamins - it concerns monogastric animals
• Authorization of the CCTIA that synthetic vitamins A, D, E identical to natural vitamins may be used in the manufacture of feeds - it concerns ruminants
• Labeling of the product (sample of the label, its proposal) in accordance with valid legislation,
• Composition / label of all premixes and mixtures
Certification of seeds
• Application and record from the inspection of propagating material, respectively application for recognition of propagating material
• Certificate of recognition of propagating material
• Seed label (label) in accordance with valid legislation.