Each operator in the system of organic production must be registered and subject to the organic production inspection system.
INFORMATION for the clients of the inspection body:
In the field of inspection, inspection body of EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd.:
- performs inspection of operators within the system of organic production
- Inspectors control the fulfillment of the compliance requirements, as outlined in the currently valid legislation, related to the organic production.
Legislative and / or normative basis as the source of the inspection process criteria are the normative documents under which conformity is judged:
- REGULATION (EC) No 882/2004 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 29 April 2004 on official controls performed to ensure the verification of compliance with feed and food law, animal health and animal welfare rules,
- REGULATION (EU) 2017/625 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 15 March 2017 on official controls and other official activities performed to ensure the application of food and feed law, rules on animal health and welfare, plant health and plant protection products, amending Regulations (EC) No 999/2001, (EC) No 396/2005, (EC) No 1069/2009, (EC) No 1107/2009, (EU) No 1151/2012, (EU) No 652/2014, (EU) 2016/429 and (EU) 2016/2031 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Council Regulations (EC) No 1/2005 and (EC) No 1099/2009 and Council Directives 98/58/EC, 1999/74/EC, 2007/43/EC, 2008/119/EC and 2008/120/EC, and repealing Regulations (EC) No 854/2004 and (EC) No 882/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Council Directives 89/608/EEC, 89/662/EEC, 90/425/EEC, 91/496/EEC, 96/23/EC, 96/93/EC and 97/78/EC and Council Decision 92/438/EEC (Official Controls Regulation) is partially applied,
- COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 834/2007 of 28 June 2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products as amended,
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 889/2008 of 5 September 2008 laying down detailed rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 on organic production and labelling of organic products with regard to organic production, labelling and control as amended,
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 1235/2008 of 8 December 2008 laying down detailed rules for implementation of Council Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 as regards the arrangements for imports of organic products from third countries as amended,
- Act No. 189/2009 Coll. on organic farming,
- ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
In order to support the organic production, the production of products within the organic farming in the SR and compliance with the organic production rules under the valid legislation, inspection body also participates in the exchange of expert information between the client and the inspection body (e.g. explanation of findings or clarification of requirements or training). The training will be attended by experts and lecturers for specific areas, staff of the competent authority and subordinate authorities of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of the Slovak Republic (MARD). Description of the rights and obligations of applicants and clients, including inspection requirements as well as information on handling complaints and disputes, follow the contracts and is available on request at the company's office. Confidentiality of information
The Inspection body is responsible through legally enforceable obligations to manage all information obtained or generated during the performance of inspection activities.
Inspection body staff are required to keep confidential the facts they have learned about the conduct of inspection body activities and which cannot be disclosed to others in the interest of inspection body. In addition to the information the client publishes, all other information is considered confidential (except for the handling of complaints). If a law requires disclosure of confidential information from the inspection body by a law or legally enforceable agreement, the client or person concerned is informed of such disclosure, unless prohibited by law.
Information about the client obtained from sources other than the client (e.g. from the complainant or from the regulators), is considered confidential.
They are provided, updated, and available upon request also the following information:
- information about the responsibility with which it works,
- a documented statement related to the inspection activities,
- information on assessment procedures and on the inspection process for each area of inspection,
- a description of established rights and obligations of clients,
- information on complaints and disputes handling procedures,
- documentation of controlled entities in accordance with applicable organic farming legislation.
In view of the entitlement arising from contractual obligations to disclosure of confidential information, we inform clients that inspection body of EKO-CONTROL is authorized to release confidential information to superiors (MARD, CCTIA, official food control authorities, EC audits, complaints handling or other authorities from disclosure of information and investigation under the applicable legislation).
Areas and types of inspections for clients
Sign up for inspection.
Concluding a contract with the operator (including pricelist)
In the event that the operator is registered at CCTIA and is the client of EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd. sends a proposal to conclude a contract for the inspection and certification of organic farming products.
The attachment to the draft contract is a currently valid price list, which is published on the company's website.
Following the signing of the contract on the performance of inspection and certification of organic farming products (conclusion of a contractual relationship between the two parties), the operator is the client for inspection body and certification body, that means he is included in the current register kept by inspection body EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd.
In the case of an operator who has been so far inspected by another inspection organization, the Methodological Instruction 01/2017 of the CCTIA will be followed - Exchange of information between the inspection bodies and the competent authority, the management and transmission of the control file in organic agricultural production in the Slovak Republic and the directive SM_PR_17_15 Directive for exchange of information between the inspection bodies and the competent authority.
Subject to inspection is the operator, registered at the CCTIA and having a written contract with Inspection body EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd.
Apply for inspection (on-site inspection of operator inspection) The operator obtains from inspection body EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd. Application for inspection with relevant attachments. If necessary, all necessary information from the inspection body will be provided to complete the Application for Inspection F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1-form. The application is then sent to inspection body EKO-CONTROL SK Ltd, processing of the application and journaling of the file is made - it means the complete, journalized and original material of the operator, including the original documents for the inspection. Subsequently, the applicant's file is ready for the inspector's needs to perform an on-site inspection. Verification of data, data control and evaluation are performed on-the-spot.
After an on-the-spot inspection, the application for inspection is subsequently processed at the Inspection body, together with the record from inspection.
The current application for inspection has the following Annexes, which must be completed by the client!
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P1 Land registration in Organic Farming
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P2 Land registration outside the Organic Farming system
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P3 Evidence of animals in Organic Farming
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P4 Animal registration in Organic Farming outside the Organic Farming system
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P5 Description of the operator's business
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P6 Production, placing on the market, import and export plan
F 001 / PP_17_05_v1_z1 _P7 Traceability and Production Balance
The valid legislation for conformity assessment in the inspection process can be found on this website under Legislation link.